1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro & Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnchopper, Jun 12, 2004.

1. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

Is there any differences between the toro and exmark Zs.
    We have a toro dealer in town aswell as exmark.
    I know that toro owns exmark i think the only difference is the exmark has a deeper deck??. The toro dealer say they come offf the same assembly line.
    Does anyone know if there is any diff and whats your experance on both.
  2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark has a deeper deck than Toro's new Turbo Force eh?

Like to see proof...

Turbo force decks are heavy, and 7 guage, and 5.5'' deep with adjustable flow control baffle with much larger spindle housings for a start...

I think the frames are similar, but not the same.

Half the dealers wouldn't have a clue about the new toro's, but fast to say they are exmarks, they are wrong, a good look at comparison photos and you can see lots of differences.

The 2 designs are different, not hard to see that.

Never owned or used an exmark, but I do own a new toro, Z588E, and I'm very happy with it, cut is excellent and power is plenty plus.
  3. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

I *heart* my Exmark. One mean mowing machine. The Exmark Bagger leaves a little to be desired, but it DOES work.

4. i have a exmark ...and toro 555 and 557 ......im all toro now for ztr's love my toro 500 series mowers ...toughy as hell and cuts great
  5. ..........................................................................................
  6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Messy Sidewalk...Customers here Wouldn't Stand for that....
  7. Tonyr

With our shorter grass cuts and 'usually drier climate I don't get that problem often, but have done before, the wet grass really makes a mess, all I've ever done is flow it clean, found the rubber dissapears, but not really the best way to leave a job, what do you guys do to get rid of grass and rubber marks?

(except for not driving on paths LOL)
  8. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Shindaiwa Power Broom...Trimmer Line....Perimiter Cut...
  9. string trimmer and a stiff broom.....as far as advice from fairway lawncare.......you should take what a hermanphodite says with a grain of salt ....what kind of advice can you get from somebody trying to figure out if they need to sit or stand ....
  10. Tonyr

Thanks guys!