1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro Flymo 19 Hover Mower Pic

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Jul 10, 2003.

1. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres my Hover Mower some people wanted to see. I forgot to take a pic under it, so I'll try and do that in a few hours. Its raning today, so I aint mowin. :(

2. Dang no crank start?
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I use to run one of those 26 years ago when I was cutting an apartment building with a steep front hill.
    glad I don't have to any more.I sold a house 2 years ago that I should have had one for as well.
  4. gr8pyrs

gr8pyrs LawnSite Member
    from PA

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

6. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

I seen a John Deere one, How do they actually work?
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

they just ride on a cushion of air .no height adjustment for cut though it is what it is.
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I tried a Husky one last year. I found it was too hard to push and just didn't leave a decent cut. I wanted it for mowing a steep ditch that was usually wet. I could have picked it up for $250 bucks but just didn't seem worth that to me.
  9. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Height adjustment KIND OF has to do with how thick the grass is, and How tall it is. How it works is, There is a fan blade that pushes air down that is located RIGHT above the mower blade, and it creates the cushon of air to hover on. How it still cuts the grass with air flattening it is beyond my phisics studies so far;) But I sure do say it does MUCH better than a string trimmer on a hill! No long stranglies laying on hills! Its great for uneven terrain, and for extreem hills! I LOVE that thing! :blob2:
  10. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

well if any of you are still here who have used one of these I have a question. I have a property that is the property from hell, to maintain. But, the revenue is very nice and he spends allot on flower displays...so I will keep it.
    On this property there is a steep bank...about 120 yards long, and so steep its impossible to stand on parts of it. For the past 3 years , I trim this bear with a trimmer....takes forever and its tiresome. So....been thinking about one of these hover mowers...but only if I can tie a rope on it and work the bank sideways, standing at the top of the slope. Have not seen one in person so I dont know if it has safety gear on it that would prohibit rope use. (there are no people anywhere near where the slopes are)

Unless I am totally off base, I would think this thing would save me considerable time and grunt work. Quality of cut on these slopes is a non issue....just get it cut. Thanks for your opinion