Toro G3 vs Turboforce

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WVDpoker, Nov 13, 2009.

1. WVDpoker

WVDpoker LawnSite Member

Picked up a brand new 52in Toro Turboforce 27hp kohler command horizontal shaft for $7550 all day.
    Haven't had much grass to test it. Am I missing out on the G3-does it cut better?
    Did I get a good deal? Thanks
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. gtmorgan89

gtmorgan89 LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

the G3 has the Turboforce deck as well. (which is the best on the market imo). As far as cut quality, both should be equally good. You have plenty of motor as well.
  3. 908LawnPro

908LawnPro LawnSite Member

As GT said, both have the same deck. I'm using a G3 27hp 60" and it's perfect. You won't know the difference. IMO & experience the G3 handles hills slightly better but for cost issues I may pick up a left over 500 for next year depends on money of course.

PS. your mower is a Z master 550 w/ turbo force deck.
  4. WVDpoker

WVDpoker LawnSite Member

Thanks for the clarification. Does the price sound right? What you pay for the G3 60in?
  5. 908LawnPro

908LawnPro LawnSite Member

8799 + tax
  6. banjo

banjo LawnSite Member

You guys dont know how lucky you are, my new Toro G3 60 inch 34 hp kawasaki cost $ 18500.00 Australian our dollar is approx 91 US cents ! Am delighted with the mower huge power i cut alot of long acreage and i am about half an hour quicker or more on my jobs than with my old 25hp Everide. I am $80/hour with Everide but new jobs will be quoted at $90 with Toro. Toro a bit thirsty and deck not as good as everide but good enough.Needed lug grip tyres on my Everide but the Toro seems to get the same traction with turf tyres, must be a better centre of gravity. i got the optional suspension seat as well worth every penny and contributes to the speed.