Toro Grandstand Experience ( horrible !)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ars777, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with you, if they were decent, they would have solved the problem by now.

2. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Correct- and the dealership should step up and offer to pick it up.....this is where the dealer should bend over backwards to back the product they sell. You may want to PM the TORO people on here and see what they say and maybe they can help get things satisfactorily resolved.

I have a Toro diesel ZTR. by and large maintenance has been routine, uneventful and no serious repairs. Very happy with it.

3. hammmerhead

hammmerhead LawnSite Senior Member
    from ozarks

Wow, I wouldnt be happy either. Granted all the manu's have issues from time to time, but for the dealer to say they fixed it and not even test it is pretty weak. I can understand them not wanting to pick it up, but since its practically new and they FAILED to fix it the first round they should come get it IMO.

4. ars777

ars777 LawnSite Member

Just a quick update. I did get Toro to agree to cover the pickup / delivery in this instance. It is only fair that I point out they did ultimately do what I feel to be the right thing.

I wish it had been easier, but all's well that ends well. I am hopeful they can get these problems fixed (and others don't show up) as the mower really does a nice job overall.

Hopefully this can end up being a positive experience / wise choice afterall.

Thanks again to those that offered advice.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

That's cool, too bad it took so much to get them to that point.

6. TroyLawnService

TroyLawnService LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Maby it will be fixed right when you get it back this time:drinkup: