1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

toro grandstand price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmf1969, Jan 19, 2011.

1. jmf1969

jmf1969 LawnSite Member

I am going to add another machine this year. Really like the grandstand, found a left over 09 23 hp 52" at my local dealer. Does 6599 sound like a good deal, sounded high for a 09 model to me. Thanks for any advice.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i know where you can get a 09 48in with the 23hp for 5 G. too high

3. jmf1969

jmf1969 LawnSite Member

thanks, thought it sounded high

4. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Offer him 5500 and walk out the door.

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Last season I bought a 36 Toro Grandstand. One dealer had them listed at $6499 and another had them for $5499. Needless to say I was glad I shopped around. Never know what you deal you can find.

6. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag is putting fleet price on every V ride sold in Feb. You can snatch a 52" stand on for around $6,400. Not to change the brand topic. But its one heck of a deal.

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

MAN I kno eXmark went up last year....

HOLY MOLY, the 60's were like 10,000

8. jmf1969

jmf1969 LawnSite Member

How does the v ride compare to the grandstand

9. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

We sell the scags and wrights, and have demoed the toro for a while. Having the chance to take them on as a new toro dealer. I personaly like the scag the best.

The wright will allways have the best stance. No way around it with all the pattents they own. But The scag makes them look silly with scags quality of cut. The toro is a nice machine. Have not had much more then 2 hours on it. But its not bad. But not as good of a stance as the wright and not as good of a cut as the scag. Close but not quite.

10. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have not had a chance to Demo any yet but just from standing on the units, scag, toro and exmark, I think I am going to like the Scag. I do not like the air cleaners on the toro and exmarks also do not like that the toro and exmarks do not have anti scalp wheels. The scag feels easier to change position of the deck since the deck moves without the engine moving so it is lighter and should work well with the anti scalp rollers. I want to look at the new stander x also but no dealers close by. I really am looking forward to cutting some grass with these to see if they are going to work like I think that they will for me.