1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro GRANDSTAND "Stiff Control Arms" Anyone had it repaired???

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by BCR840, Jul 22, 2013.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

How do you tell if this update has been done, I bought my grandstand used???

2. BCR840

BCR840 LawnSite Member

For some reason I didnt get an email when you added your response. As far how to tell if you have had it done? The easy way is to look at the dash/control panel, if there is no speed control lever you have had done. If you still have the speed control lever you should get into the dealer. But if your controls are very easy to use and not real tight then wait until winter when its not so busy

3. BCR840

BCR840 LawnSite Member

I just picked mine up today, It took them 2 days to do it. I drove it aroung in the parking lot and it is much faster, the controls are like new again to. The reverse seems to be a little faster but is very hard to keep straight, Is there an adjustment for that (Ricky86) ?

4. BCR840

BCR840 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know how to adjust the reverse tracking?

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Don't quote me on this but I don't think there is a separate,tracking adjustment for foward and reverse.

6. BCR840

BCR840 LawnSite Member

Yea your right. I adjusted the control arms to be centered in the middle. Now reverse is very strong (but still not straight) and forward is ok until you go up hills and gets slow. I may have to move it back just a bit.

7. MowingIL

MowingIL LawnSite Member

How much did it end up costing parts and labor if you don't mind me asking?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. BCR840

BCR840 LawnSite Member

It was all covered under warranty. But they said it was around $600 if I wasn't covered. Not sure if that's exactly true or not.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. MowingIL

MowingIL LawnSite Member

Ok, you wouldn't happen to know if there was a recall on the speed control lever would you? Cause I just made a thread actually about a 2010 grandstand with stiff controls and slow speed I was going to buy at a great price but passed due to the control issue and the guy claimed they were stiff since the machine was brand new. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. BCR840

BCR840 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device