Toro Grandstand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguy224, Mar 24, 2010.

1. lawnguy224

lawnguy224 LawnSite Member

So I just got back from a local dealer demo day and tried out the Toro Grandstand for the first time. I'm sold plan on getting 2 for this up coming season. What a great machine, was able to compare it with wrights, walker and ferris that were there too.
    Feel free to coment.
    Wish you all the best for the season.

2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

yes the grandstand is a wonderful machine.

i purchased mine late last season. i feel it is better than the other brands you mentioned. for me any way.

my stripe kit is suppose to be in this week. i'm ready to get that thing in and on the mower so i will be ready for the mowing season. i have a little bit of time yet before i need to cut any grass. used it today for a clean up job though.

3. lawnguy224

I would like to know how the strip kit works for you. Keep me posted

4. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

sure thing.......

i hope it works great like the exmark i had before the grandstand. i know right now my grandstand doesn't stripe at all. but it should once i get this kit in and installed........

5. EcoGreen Services

EcoGreen Services LawnSite Member

LawnGuy.
    Did you try out the Ferris Evolution ?
    Pretty interesting machine.:confused:

I have a 52" GS with the 24hp Kawi and I love it. Only thing I found is it needs a bit more weight up front going up steep hills. The beauty is you just flip up the platform and walk up.

What was the pricing like ? I think the best price around here was $8700.
    I'm thinking of another one and may just buy in the US if there's a big savings.

Kooy Bros in T.O. usually has some good specials at their open house in April

6. lawnguy224

I did try the Ferris Evolution, nice machine but I found the controls more difficult than the Toro, the toro has the adjustable speed lever.

I am pretty light so I don't think I will have a problem with hills but if I do I can walk like you said!

I did all my work last year with 2 21" mowers so anything will be better and a little walking will still be okay in my books.

The pricing is great if you are interested we can probably make a deal, I would have to get an exact price from the dealer but if you are looking for another 24hp 52" it would be approx $6800.00 - 7000.00 plus tax

7. AOD

AOD LawnSite Senior Member

I don't get why this is such a desirable mower. I am sure it's a well made machine and cuts just fine, but I don't want to have to stand all day. Part of the reason I started my own company is to not have to walk and stand all day. Maybe it is marketed to larger companies where the people who buy them are not the people who use them.

8. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought a used 09 with 50 hours on it (52" deck/23HP). Can't wait to start cutting. I am adding the OCDC when it comes in next week. It has a bag already. Going to love being able to go to bag, side discharge and be able to control the clippings with the OCDC. Pretty much covers it all.

I was wondering about the striping. May have to add that kit also.

They do have a weight kit for the front. May just take a little leaning forward at the right time also to take care of the front end coming up. I am concerned about that also as winters are long here and I like to eat!

9. Big Red Ferris

Big Red Ferris LawnSite Member

i wont buy any of that stuff bc i found that when i wanna get rid of it sum home owners want a used zero turn there gonna be lost so im sticking too the sit down so when i wanna get rid of them i just sell it out right and get max bucks they dont hold there trade in value after 2-4 years

10. lawnguy224

For me it's the perfect machine, I own the company and do all of the work with my partner, we have no employees. I can walk behind it if need be, or fold down the step and ride all day. I am moving up from 2 21" mowers from last season, so for me and my situation it's a no brainer