Toro Grandstand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguy27, Jun 18, 2011.

1. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Exactly what I was thinking. I just came through the lush spring growth with wet mowing conditions. Never once cleaned the deck and the cut is beautiful. As for hills, no problems for me.

2. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

I have a GS 60'' and the only build up i get is around the little baffle by the discharge and its very very little i can pinch it out w/ my fingers, I've cut right after rain several times too, also leaves a beautiful cut too!! the adjustable baffle works good when cutting real tall stuff. i usually keep on the A setting for best suction..

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

How do you like the 60? Seem to gave enough power with the 26hp?.does that cut as good as the 48 and 52?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Blazerfb

Blazerfb LawnSite Member

I have a 48" model and it performs better on hilly terrain for me, most of the time, than my turf tracer hp. I am ab 265lbs though. My smaller riders have a much harder time w it on hills than I do. Having alot of weigh on the riding platform transfers into weight over the wheels.

So... Depending on the weight of the operator, this mower can be an advantage or disadvantage on hills.

In every other circumstance though (other than weight on the turf) I prefer the GS. Superb cutting and speed combo. Much more power to the deck than the wbs ive used, though I've never had bigger than a 16 hp on my wbs. Would be interesting to compare w larger motored wb's.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Promise-Land

Promise-Land LawnSite Member

Been raining the last three days and needed to get some weekly accounts done, so I decided to go out today in the rain and cut three flat lawns that don't puddle. Wet as can be with some periodic downpours the deck on my Grandstand 24/52 stayed nice and clean and the cut was great in the rain.

Also a neighbor saw me mowing and came over and asked if I had time to do theirs today, sure! Halfway through the the husband came home and said I do a really nice job and his neighbors yard (the one I was doing before his and took over this year, He knew I was new for his neighbor this year) has never looked so good and asked if I could just start doing his every week also. :)

6. Blazerfb

Blazerfb LawnSite Member

cut two Lowes stores today in swamped conditions. Pretty clean and mowing 4-6" of grass off. Love this machine due to the fact it gobbles up anything, mulch kit or discharge.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

Feels like floating on wet ground compared to standerseden though the toro is much heavier
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

(grassman)the 60'' gives a great cut ,the 26hp is plenty power for me it hasn't bogged yet but in real thick tall stuff you can defiantly hear the governor kick in.

9. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have the mulch kit, but I do have the Toro OCDC installed. I close the chute around beds, patios and driveway areas. My GS also has the 19 hp engine, not the bigger one. The grass build up is a very minor complaint campared to the time this mower saves me in the field. I clean the deck about twice a week, not a huge deal since I like to keep the blades sharp and I am under there anyway.

10. Lin-Z

Lin-Z LawnSite Member

Does anyone have experience with the 36" Toro Grandstand? Any issues with cut quality or tire ruts?