Toro/Grasshopper diesel ZTR pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mag360, Aug 3, 2006.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone gotten real quotes or recently made a purchase on Toro's 593d 52" or 60", or on Grasshopper's 322d series.

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

A couple of weeks ago there was someone that bought the 593 and loved it. Do a search, it should come right up. I believe they also gave the price they bought it for.

That mower has caught my attension, too, and would like to get a demo on one, which I'm not sure if that can happen or not.

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, there is that link...http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=150054

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks jtkplc.
    Anyone have info on the 321, 322 grasshopper?

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 322 D. MSRP is $12k or so. I can't really say what I paid for mine, but it was way less. I can say that I paid 12,200 for my 05 722 with hydrolic deck lift and powerfold. Oh, the 322 is WAY better than the 321, especially for the small price increase.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I agree about the 322D.
    I can also buy either brand for much less.

I can buy either for around 10K, give or take a few hundred either way.
    For about 1K more I can get the 428D or 597D. (28hp Kubota or 27hp Daihatsu)

But the local dealers here know I am a serious shopper who is a serious cash on the spot buyer. No financing, no read tape, no typical tire kicker BS. That makes a difference so don't be surprised if you are getting higher quotes.

I like both mowers, but I can't give you a real comparison of the two because I have no seat time on the diesel verson of the Toro.