1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro Groundmaster 325 D

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Redmowers, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

Has anyone out there had any expereince with Toro Groundmaster 325D 4X4 72" cut? It is on state contract for around $12,300.00.It has the 3 cyl Mitsubishi diesel 25hp.We want the 4X4 to in the future put a snowblower and the inclosed cab on it.The college has one and really like theirs. It has 4 deck options 72" side, 72" rear, 72"Recycler and the new 72" Flexdeck.What's your choice of deck and imput on this unit?
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have personal experience mowing with one but I do no a little about them. This is a workhorse of a mower that has been made for a long time and is tough as nails. The city I live in have a few of them that cut 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week in the summer. Parks, municipal buildings lawns and boulevards all tough mowing. If I had tough mowing to do it would be this mower.
  3. At $12k that thing is a steal.

These machines take up a lot of trailer space.

Most golf courses use them as "trimming" mowers.
  4. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

Yes we (my town)will be using it for base ball fields and soccer fields and parks.Style and model seems to have been around for a while,Must be durable not too many changes have been made to it.