Toro Groundsmaster 120

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BRIAN GALLO, Jun 7, 2002.

1. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody out there use a Groundsmaster 120? If so, how do you like it? I might have an opportunity to pick up a used one of these. It has the same 44” deck that my walk-behind has, so it should cut good, because my wb does. I am wondering more about the stability and drivability of the machine. I do see a lot of guys using the bigger Groundsmasters at parks & municipal sites around here.

2. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

Brian,
    Our high school had one and it was extremely rough riding after a long time on it...it just wore me out the couple times I ran it....I caant imagine using one all day....they got rid of it and another JD product and got one of the 1400 series front mounts with the diesel engine...that thing hauls. Personally, I dont like the 120s :D

3. JEFF ZALMANOFF

JEFF ZALMANOFF LawnSite Member

i have a groundmaster 118 and 120 both with 52 inch decks they are super depenable cut well and you can ride them on a steep angle leaves lawns looking great , but only go 7 mph hour and take more effort to steer , but for my small yards with curbing etc you cant beat how close you can get to stuff without damage also on a wet yard you can turnand not leave a mark . i have had to cut 5 acre yards with it when my 72 went down but it takes a long time ps also i have added susp. seats which smooths them out . for small yards or ditches it is good jeff