Toro Headquarters Riverside

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by NC_Irrigator, Dec 14, 2013.

1. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Its been a really busy summer and I havent posted much in awhile, But I wanted to share this
    with the irrigation forum.

I was fortunate to be asked for a Toro Contractor Fly-In back this past August 14th. I was a big Toro installer when i got in the biz back in 94 and through 03 or so and then converted mostly to RB and Hunter. These pics are from the event at
    their irrigation headquarters in Riverside CA

It was a really nice event held by the guys at Toro, We had a great time!

I loved seeing all the old Toro relics there on display, pretty much everything
    you could ever imagine as far as their old irrigation equipment goes!!

I've also been to RB's Tucson AZ facility a few yrs back, which was very fun also.

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. NC_Irrigator

from NC

A little something for you Irritrol guys!

Doing some outside trials with their new rotator nozzles

The last pic is of Craig Borland (on right) Toro's Sr customer svc rep.
    He was great!

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

3. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

Did they take you to the factory in mexico near elpaso also? Or just stay in riverside? The Riverside location is nice I would agree, only been there once myself. A toro fly-in

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Is there still any much production at Riverside?

5. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

That would have been interesting. I would love to check out the factories over there and see how all the research and testing is done.

6. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

That guy looks like Chris Farley
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Craig Borland.... he used to be the controller repair guy at James Hardie Irrigation. I took the three day ASC training class to learn how to repair all of the Hardie / Irritrol controllers and he was the instructor.... of course that was 20 years ago...

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

all those credit unions keeping you busy huh? what a cool trip.

9. NC_Irrigator

from NC

Brandon- Haven't done any credit unions for 2013, but we now maintain almost 20 branches now which is nice.

This tour was really indepth and we checked out every thing there at riverside.

All production has been moved to mexico and other parts of the US.

Their production steel mold making dept was there which was fascinating on how they create the injection molds !

Their repair dept was pretty extensive due to all their golf irrigation sales, it was staffed by about 8 people repairing computer boards and handheld radios etc. A huge amount of irritrol and toro old controllers getting worked on.

Testing labs were cool and their design development depts.

They had the COOLEST old irrigation relic controller wall of shame, EVERYTHING they have ever produced,
    it was in their photographic sensitive area and they wouldn't allow me to snap a photo.

Got to check out their catch can testing lab where they put their nozzles and heads to the test under all conditions.

Craig Borland could be a stunt double for Chris Farley- An exact match, he was funny to talk to, and said he gets that alot.

Met all the irrigation executives there at Riverside & they gave an extensive
    sit down meeting regarding what they have coming out and going on.

10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

yeah he does.