toro help

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BrandonV, Aug 6, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

how do I manually turn on this valve and have it stay on? we're using it for a couple of waterfall auto fills... doesn't have the fancy handle like my hunters.

photo.jpg

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Um, the big boys use a valve on the clock to re-charge ponds.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The top of the flow control has a manual bleed - used to be a brass screw, and now is plastic

4. michigander

michigander LawnSite Member

Center of flow control handle will have a manual bleed screw. Water will leak out when it is manually bled. Dont turn the bleed screw so far , it will pop out. :rolleyes:

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Send the crew out to re-charge the pond via the manual bleed? Huh?

6. michigander

michigander LawnSite Member

I'm not fast enough,,, But, I'm trying!:)

7. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Brandon! Please use a real valve!

dv_1_sm.jpg

dv_1_sm.jpg

8. That is a great valve. One of the best TORO made. We repair that bad boy. I've got some out there going on 20 years. Bleed is at the top as boots says.

You can take the pin out of the solenoid for permanent no leak on.

9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah, and in 20 years they redesigned the diaphragm how many times?

Those brass bleed screws were a joke too.... or maybe it was just the nylon washer that was the problem.....I've had about a 50/50 track record on being able to make one of those bleed screws stop leaking once turned on.

Frankly, I think Toro did a better job with the Flo Pro... the ones at my house have been going for something like 14 years. And only one redesign of the diaphragm... :laugh: and one of the solenoid.

10. Yes it had issues. Heck we've all got issues. What's a few issues in the life of a valve? I enjoyed tinkering with it. What can I say.