1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro hydro or moble 1???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ince8728, Aug 29, 2004.

1. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

I'm looking into buying a toro "hydro" but I was wondering that since toro and exmark are the same company if toro also used moble 1 syntec instead or hydro oil??? I am tired of the belts slipping on my lesco so I am really considering buying a hydro. I just wanted to know since syntec is cheaper than hydro oil.
  2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally wouldn't figure that into this purchase decision. Hydro oil doesn't need to be replaced often enough to warrant cost issues. We have a Toro Hydro with 1500 hours and the original hydro fluid, I just change the filters and the fluid is always clean as new. It does use the Mobil 1 oil.
  3. YLC1

YLC1 LawnSite Member

I can't tell you what the Toro walk behinds use for hydro oil but the Toro Z-Master uses Mobil 1 20w-50.I hope this helps,Richard
  4. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

thanks, i think that anwsers my question
  5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Toro Walks have the Small Hydro Resevoir Designed for Mobil1...Not a petrolium based system...Saves Money & Time...