1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

toro hydro or moble 1???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ince8728, Aug 29, 2004.

1. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

I'm looking into buying a toro "hydro" but I was wondering that since toro and exmark are the same company if toro also used moble 1 syntec instead or hydro oil??? I am tired of the belts slipping on my lesco so I am really considering buying a hydro. I just wanted to know since syntec is cheaper than hydro oil.

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally wouldn't figure that into this purchase decision. Hydro oil doesn't need to be replaced often enough to warrant cost issues. We have a Toro Hydro with 1500 hours and the original hydro fluid, I just change the filters and the fluid is always clean as new. It does use the Mobil 1 oil.

3. YLC1

YLC1 LawnSite Member

I can't tell you what the Toro walk behinds use for hydro oil but the Toro Z-Master uses Mobil 1 20w-50.I hope this helps,Richard

4. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

thanks, i think that anwsers my question

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Toro Walks have the Small Hydro Resevoir Designed for Mobil1...Not a petrolium based system...Saves Money & Time...