Toro hydro problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Feb 6, 2004.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have had my Timecutter ZX stored for about 2 months now, and found a little plow in my backyard. I went to fire it up yesterday, and it ran but when i tried to drive it the right hydro wouldn't work I could not go straight or turn left. The temp has been in the low 30's. So, I was wondering what the problem could be. Could the right hydro be frozen? Or could it have just completely failed? It wasn't leaking or anything, and it is a sealed unit so you can't check the fluid or change it or anything.

2. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Check to see if the bypass is loose on the problem hydro.

3. GTLC

Which is the bypass? There are no tubes really running to it.

4. GTLC

well,hopefully this problem is covered under the 2-year warranty.

5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be, "Remove and Replace"

As in, remove it from your equipment inventory, and replace it with a real piece of equipment.

ITS JUNK!!!!!

Come to Lawnsite. Learn the good stuff.

Don't buy any more junk, make lots of money.

Simple.
    :eek:

6. GTLC

Yewp, I've always realized I was using junk. I have tried numerous times to replace it, but parents think it is fine, and that there is no difference between commercial and residential grade mowers. they won't even let me explain it.

7. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Check owners manual for location. Most have valve to move mower without engine running. Ed

8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Like most of the other toro z's, the valve is under the seat on the side of the pumps. When you move the right stick, does it have any resistance, or does it move real easy, like there is no pressure behind it?