Toro in Fla.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by curlawngreen, Sep 6, 2001.

1. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

Anyone use Toro in Fl. Would like to hear comments on cutting bahia. Anything will cut St. Aug. Also any problems with anything
    Thanks.Tim

2. lynn

lynn LawnSite Member
    from fl

I own a toro 52 inch water cooled Kaw. There is not a thing wrong with this set up. The problem that I have is that when the grass is really kicking the SFS deck will not mulch. So if you want to mulch with a toro ztr in Florida I would look elsewere. I also have a 44 inch walk behind that will mulch fine.This is the second ztr that I have owned from Toro,they bought back the first for the same reason.

3. lynn

lynn LawnSite Member
    from fl

I would also like to add that if you are going to cut bahia with a stamped deck look out. You will eat the deck up in a year or two.

4. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

We use the toro ztr with 62in.decks.We use the atomic blades with them and you still have run VERY sharp blades to cut bahai.Also don`t even think of mulching with these decks,that requires double cutting.Like Lynn said,the 44in. wb does great.Go figure.
    Dave

5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Starling lawn i have a 62" Toro Z Master with the mulch kit and it mulches great,i do run doubles on it and that helps awhole-lot.. I don't do the bahia but i do alot of zoysia its mighty tuff turf also,no problems here. Marks Mowing Service