toro mx 4260

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by paul5150, Mar 27, 2013.

1. paul5150

paul5150 LawnSite Member

I have 22 residential accounts and need to know if this level of mower can handle a year of being my primary mower. It comes w a fabricated deck and beefed up transmission but I've heard varying opinions on it holding up to light commercial demands. I'm cutting 1/4 to 1/2 acre homes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

No..........

3. TFLE

TFLE LawnSite Senior Member

If you're buying it new you would be a fool. For 3500 - 4000 you can get a decent used commercial style z but you have to finance it on your own. What other options/dealers do you have?

4. dcfas

dcfas LawnSite Member

Dealer is key to me. With a warranty and stand-in mower from the dealer it seems like a possibility. MSRP is too high, though. Left over model or deep discount somehow would make it worth it.

2cents

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  5. paul5150

paul5150 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

6. paul5150

paul5150 LawnSite Member

I have every brand you can name in my area but this dealer is a 1/2 mile away and I'm not a repair man quite yet, so new w a warranty was where I felt safest putting the money. The used z is calling me, but w out the mechanical eye for scoping its potential problems or the ability to fix myself,or the money to handle costly repairs, is what has me leaning new. Next year this would be the back up mower...but I sold my walk behind and I'm set in sitting down this year. Thanks very much for your response
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. paul5150

paul5150 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

8. paul5150

paul5150 LawnSite Member

I should also add that um paying cash, so the dealers financing isn't swaying me, and is probably even more of a reason to consider used.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. TFLE

TFLE LawnSite Senior Member

If your using the timecutter as a stop gap to something else and then holding on to it as a backup I would seriously consider a higher grade used model. 3500 dollar low grade mower is too much to have in the shed as a backup, I would definitely try to find a decent used model, set aside some money for repairs if need be.

This mower would be awesome for 4 grand...
    http://newhaven.craigslist.org/grd/3677731852.html