1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro or exmark 36in/32in

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by adam5557, Apr 2, 2005.

1. adam5557

adam5557 LawnSite Member

Hey guys i have got a choice between two mowers but a few different motors and styles. I can either get a toro 32in kohler, t bar handle for $2000 or exmark 32in twin kawasaki which is $2399. There was also a exmark 36in with a kawasaki for 2699 and a demo exmark 36in with a kohler but i think it was like a pro model or something not sure for 2499. Can you give me some positives and negatives of the mowers or just which one would be the better choice. I am using these for residential yards no bigger then 10,000 sq ft.
  2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

If the eXmark 36" fits your budget at $2699.00, I pick it with the Kawi and ECS sontrols over the T bar.It's a matter of preference really. Try and demo each one to get a feel for the controls and handling. Both mowers will accomplish what you need to do, but it's how well they do the task at hand that really matters.
  3. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 52" tthp hydro 19hp kaw w/ sit down sulky for 5900 out the door . any thoughts on price and performance of mower? also is 19hp enough hp?
  4. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

eXmark with the ECS controls for sure! They are the most comfortable w/b controls I have ever used.
  5. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I have used an ExMark 36" Metro on 25 properties for 3 years now, and I have the pistol grip controls. So if you can get ECS controls, go for it. They would be much more comfortable. At the end of a long day, my hands ache a lot from the pistol grips. This is a heavy duty, commercial unit that will serve you well for at least 1,000 hours or more!! :cool2:
  6. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

on a BELT drive, I love the T bar, can drive it with one hand, brake left, gun right, all with one hand. You can put either hand ANY where on the t bar you want and make all maneuvers. Also "float it back on ya on hills, as there is no engagement since it is not Hydro! Makes a great mower in the mountains.