Toro or Exmark coming out with 34"-36" rider?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2k1yzfr1, Jul 7, 2005.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know if toro/exmark is coming out with a compact Z anytime soon? I am in the market for a new Z and would really to add a compact Z to replace my 36" exmark walk behind. Seems like since Scag, Gravely, and Dixie Chopper have one why wouldn't Toro or Exmark??

2. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

im hoping they come out with them in 06

so id sell my 34 and switch to Exmark buying their new model lazer supposedly(sp?) from the rumors and a 36 rider or walk

3. 2k1yzfr1

How do you like your 34z?? That is another mower I am thinking about I am just worried that the mulch kit will kill the 15 kawi in thick st augustine.....if they would only put a 17 kawi on it. My 52" with a 27 kohler has made me realize how nice extra HP is.

4. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

i like it alot. im probably gonna put a mulch kit on once the leaves come around.

If youre looking for horsepower go buy the DC 34" it has a 22HP Guardian(but its a silver eagle) for like 5k

5. 2k1yzfr1

Yeah I saw that on their website today. Too bad my dealer doesn't carry Dixie Chopper

6. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

It wont be a problem, I assure you that the power is adequate with the mulch kit on

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

We have several customers running the mulch kit on their 34Z's. They say it cuts great, no issues with HP.

8. 2k1yzfr1

I don't see how 15 hp on a hydro Z is enough power with a mulch kit. I have an exmark belt with a 15 kohler and a mulch kit and in thick st augustine in 3rd gear it is struggling a little. I almost always have to make a second pass in thick stuff when mulching.

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Scag makes one. The scag Z cat.

10. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

I have a 16 hp kohler on a jd rider and it struggles in the thick stuff too but I have no problems with my 15 hp kawi on my 34z, and all I do is mulch. my 34z also has no problems running doubles with the mulck kit on. I believe that kohler (while a good engine) doesn't have as muck tourqe as the kawi.