1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro or exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Master Po, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Master Po

Master Po LawnSite Member

Over the past year my lawn mowing business has grown exponentially and consequently I am considering purchasing either a toro or exmark walk-behind to replace a few superannuated riders. Do you guys prefer one over the other? Right now I am leaning towards an exmark.
  2. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

get the exmark it will last you much longer then the toro and it leaves a nicer cut
  3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Get a 52" or 48" TTHP with 19 kawi, it is truely awesome machine, short and very nimble to operate plus beautiful cut, but I will get 52" over 48" any day due to its productivity, trim side, and hill holding. Toro walk? Most of guys in my area sold Toro walks for a Z, barely see one that stay as main mower. You can't help thinking of an ECS system if you want to use hydro WB as your main, easy to adjust and operate.
    I have '01 52" TTHP
  4. walter2

walter2 LawnSite Member

exmark I still have my first one and its in use every work day
    36 metro --- paid $2100 total a bargain ! the thing must be 11- 12 yrs old and almost no down time :) but I would buy the 48 .
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

:waving: The one smart thing toro did, They bought Exmark.

Happy 4th :waving: