Toro or Exmark

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Bings, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Bings

Bings LawnSite Member

I'm a little confused, after reading here for several months and observing several LCO's in my area I decided when I buy it would be a Exmark. My local dealer (close family friends and relatives) sells them or so I thought. After getting there I realize they sell TORO not EXMARK. I'm looking at the Z-master Z553, 23 hp Kohler with either 60" or 52" (can't decide on the size). I remember reading somewhere that Toro owns Exmark or vice versa. Do you guys think the Toro would be a good choice?.

Thanks
    Brian

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Everybody that has the NEW toro deck likes it. Demo one and let us know how it does.
    John

3. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

My local dealer told me that toro bought out exmark.

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

a few years ago...

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I recently demo'd and exmark ztr and the new toro z500. The Toro cut the prettiest yard and did it QUICKLY!!

6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro or Exmark, they are both good machines, buy whatever one you can get the better deal on and better dealer service...

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Toro bought eXmark in 1997.

eXmark is a workhorse of a machine with a great company behind it. The new Toro deck seems to be much better than their old one. I can't say how good, but demo both and get the one you like.