1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro or Gravely ot John Deere

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by soccer911, Aug 18, 2004.

1. soccer911

soccer911 LawnSite Member

Toro or Gravely or John Deere? :blob3:

I want to buy a 36" walk behind all three look good, feel good, drive good. Help!

2. LHSlawnman86

LHSlawnman86 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

if those were my choices i would go with toro. i have a 36 and 44 inch w/b and i love them. they arent overly expensive either

3. soccer911

soccer911 LawnSite Member

4. Doc_77

Doc_77 LawnSite Member
    from IL

i just bought a exmark viking 36 hydro. if your planing on getting the ECS controls they are very touchy i guess you could say. so far it's taking some time to get use to them. + I'm tearing up a lot of turf.
    i haven't tried the gravelys on grass but i demoed one in the parking lot and it was very easy to control.
    I'm staring to wish i did get the gravely but the dealer near me SUCKS !!!!
    the cut on my exmark is awesome !!! even though the deck isn't adjusted right and my stripes are umm well not straight :eek:
    anyway demo demo demo !!! find a dealer you feel comfortable with. the difference in cut i doubt will be that noticeable between though's mowers.

BTW I'm new to this business so umm this is just a newbies opinion :)