Toro Owners (Turbo Force or Superflow)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfcare, Aug 4, 2004.

1. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Those of you who have had both decks, which do you like better? I am hearing LCO's in this area prefer the SFS Deck to the Turboforce.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Not EVEN close! The Turbo Force is FAR Superior to the SFS Deck, not to even mention that the TFD is ALL 7GA Steel and the SFS is a 7GA/10GA Combo Deck and the baffle system on the Turbo is great. I'll never own anything else...at least at this point.

3. Lawnboy112

Lawnboy112 LawnSite Member

My uncle who lives in Florida LOVES the Turbo Force. Just my two cents.

4. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the input. Some of the guys around here are saying that the Turbo Force Deck does not clean itself out as good as the Superflow Deck. We had wet sticky grass in this area. Crabgrass has taken over the world! LOL

5. LHLawns

LHLawns LawnSite Member

I am close to your neck of the woods and run the SFS deck. I'll agree that the SFS deck does a great job of cleaning itself and mowing in wet grass. I've also heard the same thing about the SFS being better than the Turbo Force.

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Then it's because they don't have the baffle wide open on the Turbo Deck in wet grass. I have had BOTH decks and that is a crock and the TFD is by far better, again having had them both not just one or the other.

7. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly mate, common sense stuff, you choke the baffle which is for dry grass and sticky stuff ''may'' stick, open it up and it becomes SFS deck, that is what the adjustable does.

If you open the baffle up and you get anything stick, then it will stick to any deck because the 2nd part of the baffle is straight therefore no restriction on the discharge of clippings.

Turbo Force is most likely the most versatile, advanced deck on the market at this point.

scan0012.jpg

8. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) I think the Turbo Force is a awesome deck, i really don't see any diff in it and the older Exmark decks except for the adjustments, I use both, the sfs deck is designed for cutting tall grass like commercial job's then you can cut wide open in 10" or better grasses..........Like Tonyr said if you get the adjustments down right on the Tubro Deck it is a wonderful deck and a great machine....Marks Mowing Service

family 181.jpg

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

SFS is Garbage...Shallow...Baffleless....No Velocity...Stamped POS.

10. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

So should I just throw a match in the gas tank and go spend $8000.00 on a new mower or do ya think I can get by with the SFS deck a little while longer ?