Toro Personal Pace problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by khutch, Oct 8, 2006.

1. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

First of all, I realize it is a homeowner mower, and you get what you pay for. That said, it's been a good investment, I've gotten my monies worth.
    The problem I have seems to be a slight vibration you can feel in the bars, engine RPM's seem to be racing a bit higher, and the engine bogs or dies in heavy turf. Mulching is pretty much out of the question. It all seemed to happen at once and has been a bullet proof mower for three years. Can't figure out if it is engine or blade shaft or belt related.

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

We need the model numbers off the motor.There should be a tag with numbers on it.We need them before we can help you.It sounds to me like governor Problem.

3. khutch

Tecumseh 80-120 6.5 HP

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

What you need to do it try adjusting the governor properly.
    Loosen the screw holding the gov. arm on the shaft sticking out of the engine. With the arm loose move the throttle control and watch which direction the arm would move the shaft while going from idle to wide open position.
    From this point (wide open) grab the shaft and rotate it in the same direction until it stops and while holding a slight pressure on the shaft tighten the screw on the arm.

5. khutch

Thanks for all you help on the boards Resto!