Toro Personal Pace System

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brudot, Apr 25, 2006.

1. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I had this posted as a comment in another thread but it seems to have gotten lost because I didn't get any answers and I know some of you guys/gals must know the answer.

Does anyone know if the Toro personal pace system has a tendency to surge particularly over rougher terrain? Also does anyone have any experience with the traction assist option?

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Yes it does. I dont.

Since it does you will break cables more often.

3. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

You have confirmed what I thought would be the case after looking at the design. Thanks Saw Man for your input. I guess I will look at the Honda.

4. BigChaz

BigChaz LawnSite Member

never had any problems with surging. it sucks with a bagger though

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had a couple Toro Personal Pace. Very durable and no major issues with it surging, maybe a little, but if you keep your speed down, it shouldn't be too bad.

6. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

Ran 9 of them last year, as it was out first year and we didn't want to spend all the money on real expensive stuff. Great little mower for the price. No problems with surging that i can relate.

We just went with the airens mowers this year with the KAW. swivel castor's, damn nice machine for less then $600.00

7. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

I have two personal pace mowers ( Toro ) the first one is now three seasons old and no problesm so far. I also run doubles on this machine it works great and reduces the clippings making bagging easier.