Toro Pistol Grip Hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Westbrooklawn, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just received a flyer in the mail from Toro. They are offering their pistol grip hydro, 44" floating deck wb for $2999 "while supplies last".......original msrp of $5225. Not in the market for one right now, but it sure sounds like a good price for a hydro!!

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like a great price. Is this a nationwide offer, or is it from a regional distributor ?

3. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like a regional publication.....lists dealers in AL, GA, KY, NC, SC, and TN.

4. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

How much to mail one to CA?:p Thats about all I could afford right now!

5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

My distributor no longer carries the pistol grip machines. The newly designed toros including the new line of pistol grips have vertical deck pins. Dealer refuses to sell them. He sold 8 and had problems with every one. The deck is not balanced braking is poor etc cut quality suffered some. They went back to the 2yr old design of horizontal deck pins. My dealer said toro tried to copy scag and exmark and messed up royally, "toro was way off with this one." Awesome price though. Lists for $4500.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't know the deck pins had problems but I was wondering what the heck they were thinking with pistol grips.

7. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Toro had pistol grips back in the 80's and went with them to compete against scag and exmark. It didnt work out well.