Toro precision rotating (stream) nozzles

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Jul 27, 2013.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

To those whe have used them your thoughts? Adjustability (radius), actual maximum spacing and etc. The good & bad.

2. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

At first I really didnt care for them. Like an MP they seem to do better at higher pressures. I think the pros to them are the nice clear heavy streams and low trajectory angle, almost flat. The cons are the intricacy, the limited radius range and they are a little more involved, you need that "wrench" to adjust them than an MP.

3. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

The reason I was considering these vs MP's is I have a 20' spacing on a new install. The MP2000 seems to come up short of actual 20' and hard to choke down a 3000 that much. Thought these would be a good fit.

CJ,
    can I dial these in for 20'?

I did searches and didn't find much. I guess these haven't caught on.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Best possible head for 20 foot spacing would be the Toro 300 series stream rotor with the 02 nozzles. It's an upsell head, but not a tough upsell, based on their durability and longevity. Flow rate is a smidge under 1.5 gpm at 35 psi (1.7 gpm @ 50 psi) for a half-circle head.

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

And they are SO pretty to look at. :waving:

6. Wet_Boots

I remember one town with closely spaced houses with front yards almost a perfect 40 x 40 square, that got a lot of one-zone systems with four half-circle stream rotor heads shooting the corners. No indoor plumbing, either, since 6 gpm was an easy get from the always-convenient hose bib. :rolleyes:

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I've got some MP2000's at 20 feet that do fine. What body are you using? What is your nozzle pressure?

8. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

I use 6" PU . Pressure at this site might be as high as I'd like. Static maybe 45

9. Wet_Boots

If 45 psi is the street pressure, you are screwed as far as rotators go, and 45 psi static after the backflow preventer, isn't a whole lot better.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

There are lots of 6" pops ..... which ones? Do they have checks, PRS? You need to find out this data, there is no need to continue here without it.