Toro precision rotating (stream) nozzles

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Jul 27, 2013.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I will use Hunter pro spray with check no pressure regualtor in this situation since excess pressure is not an issue.

2. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

45 would be after backflow. Yes I know marginal pressure. That's why I'm leaning away from the MP2000

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

What grass is planted that you want 6-inch popups for?

4. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

It will be zoysia. I know you will think zoysia is maintained at a low height which it should be but many times over I have seen 4" heads overcome due to various reasons. I'm a believer in 6". Mike-back me up.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I was just curious, because I guessed it wouldn't be bluegrass. I'm old-school on lawns. The old push mower was never set to as much as 3 inches on the bluegrass lawn I cut as a kid. I'm thinking current cut heights are covering up a lot of sloppy site preparation more than anything else.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Incorrect mowing techniques as the season changes, lack of site prep, lack of thatching, aeration, topdressing and organic fertilizer does contribute, as well. I should know, I'm in one right now with no rainfall for 38 days! The other deal is 6" pops do not have to be raised as often as 4". What with the Walkers and other heavy machines, those heads get hammered. My site will have to have all it's 6" heads raised next season, that's a pretty good record, since we'll be in our 12th year. :clapping:

7. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

At what operating pressure do you feel you can space 20'? I've looked at the Hunter specs but I want real world experience.

8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Not Kiril, but an MP 2000 will work for a 20 ft span if there is a minimum of 35 PSI dynamic pressure at each pop up. I am less interested in what the static pressure is. An MP 3000 will not work for less than 25 ft. If you put it on a 30 PSI body and try to crank it down, it can be adjusted to the point of not rotating, as well as covering a 20 ft radius. In Honolulu, I get 80 PSI at the meter. But an irrigation system overdrawing the meter can drop it to 20 quickly. Can't make a 5/8" meter supply 30 GPM. :hammerhead:

9. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Look back at the tech sheet at 30lbs you should get 17' at 40 and 50lbs. you should be at about 20.5' Also says radius may be adjusted down by up to 25% . FYI there is only one radius available.

10. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

I did finally find it. Thanks though