Toro Price Check & Opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by swonkeg, Jul 1, 2002.

1. My dealer has a 1999 toro gear drive wb with 18 hp kohler electric start and floating 52 inch sfs deck for 3950.00. (Toro distributor had the unit left in warehouse-some goof in inventory maybe?)Dealer has had mower on floor for 10 months. This mower is brand new-never mowed with-, it also has the deck offset on the left side and has the height adjustment pins that are horizontal, not vertical like the newer ones. Is this a good buy? (Qualifies for the 12 month same as cash financing) Any problems known with this model or year? Thank You
  2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Great mower!

They don't make the good ones anymore;

The $3950 price tag could use some work.
  3. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

Great mower. I have the 44". The thing about the Height adjustment on these compared to the new ones is the heigh adjust pins are not sticking up getting caught on shrubs when you trim under them. the price is ok, yuo might could work on it, but all in all a good machine at a good price.
  4. EHesseyLawns

EHesseyLawns LawnSite Member

i have the same identical's a great buy...the tag is a little pricey but i'd take it and run with it...the highest model rite now is a 17hp kohler, 52 floating deck and if i get jungle wheels that will come out to's a hard call but in the long run you will be glad u bought it