1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Price Question?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southgagrass, Mar 29, 2012.

1. southgagrass

southgagrass LawnSite Member

I picked up a client that has 2 toro z500 series mowers around 3 years old. One is a 52" Kohler engine that has 0 hrs NEVER CUT GRASS. Second is a 60" with 50hrs. The guys bought them both at same time and had heart issue and never used the 52 just the 60 a few times. What would be a good price to buy these mowers at? He is looking for 10,000 for the pair. Thanks.

2. Doublewide6

Doublewide6 LawnSite Member

$10,000 sounds like a good price. He probably has over $15,000 into them + $1000 in tax. If they are in excellent condition/ like new and garage kept you can't go wrong if you are going to use both of them. What size engines 27 kohler? I would offer $9000 for both and see what he says. I have a 2009 Zmaster 500 with 27 kohler and really like it especially the cut. Good Luck!

3. Bigfish8

Bigfish8 LawnSite Member

I know a Toro Dealer sold a Z500 1 year old, 60" Demo with 27 Kohler for $6800 plus tax two weeks ago. The mower had 65 hours on it. Two new hold over Z500's with 52 inch decks sold for $7100 plus tax and a new hold over Z500 with 60" deck sold for $7800 plus tax. I know the dealer sold the five machines over a two day period because I bought one of the 52's.

Personally, I think you are considering a heck of deal.

4. Six8

Six8 LawnSite Member

Sounds like a good deal there. If you dont get them send me a pm with his number.