Toro price quote

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FyrFyt, Oct 1, 2006.

1. FyrFyt

FyrFyt LawnSite Member

Stopped by the local Toro dealer and he gave me a quick quote of $6400 +tax for a Z Master Z400 Pro Value Series 48" Turbo Force deck and 19hp Kawi. The tag showed 6949. Any input on this price? Does anyone use this mower on St Augustine and the occasional Bahia. I am located in FL, north of Tampa. What should I look for in a price? I also have Exmark dealers near me, is there a similar model I could look for with them and at what price. Service wise both would be good, maybe a little better at the Exmark dealer. Thanks.
  2. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

First off, WELCOME HOME!!

Doesn't sound like a bad price... I paid 7600.00 for my 05' Exmark 48" lazerZ hp w/ 21horse Kawi.! in Orlando.
  3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome back home .Appears to be a pretty good number on the price tag to me.

Good luck with the mower !!!!
  4. FyrFyt

FyrFyt LawnSite Member

Thanks its good to be back...

Forgot to mention that there is a Gravely dealer also. $6299 for a 52" XDZ deck with I believe a 23hp Kawasaki

Is the Gravely unit a better deal in terms of quality of cut and performance. What about reliablility. I know its Ford/Chevy. Just trying to get impressions. Thanks guys
  5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I Can't advise you in regards Gravely quality, cut etc.We have never used Gravely mowers, and around my parts, Gravely's are a rare as hen's teeth.

The Toro is a very good mower, the deck will be almost indestructible,it is constructed of all 7 gauge steel. The cut is excellent,and mechanically the Toro holds up extremely well.
  6. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

for a 148z i got a price for $6499 so it seems like a very good price to me. also welcome home!!!