1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro prices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MuskTurfKing, Oct 15, 2001.

1. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

I just got off the phone with my Toro dealer, I'm thinkin' about the possibility of a Toro 44" W/B, he told me the following prices...

Toro 44" floating SFS Deck, 15 HP Kohler Command Pro, T-Bar = $3395.00

Toro 44" floating SFS Deck, 15 HP Kawasaki V-Twin, T-Bar = $3400.00

Is that high, low, or somewhat about right?

Also, what engine would you prefer? I've heard good about the Kaw.

Your help will be appreciated.

2. MuskTurfKing

Oh yeah, those are both belt drives.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It cost $1000 more to get a floating deck verses a fixed? I don't know about the normal prices for a floating deck w/b, but not in my book.

My personal opinion is that is to much money for any belt drive w/b.
  4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

On the used equipment page there was a dealer selling new Toro 48" walkbehinds for about $1000 less than the prices quoted to you. Fixed deck unit, I can't remember engine 15 Kohl?
    In my opinion the fixed deck will but just as good as the floating.
    Good luck in your choice. Too many dam mowers to choose from. ;)
  5. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

I was in Muskogee just yesterday. I'm real close to you and we have about the same prices around here. Just wondering, what dealer do you use?
  6. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i have a 36 fixed deck toro and it has a 12.5 kaw engine on it. i just put double blades on high lifts on bottom and gators on top. they worked great on leaves. after about 45 min of cutting i turned it off and finished the job. i felt the spindles and they were real hot. is this a problem? am i not supposed to run doubles on it?? my dealer doesnt say either and the manual is crap so i am confused. mind you that these spindles have no grease points on them. thanks for the advice.
  7. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

sorry i meant to hit new thread not reply. the 44 here with the 15 kaw twin is about 3300 brand new. so your prices are accurate. these machines are floating deck and are the most popular machine here. almost every landscaping company has at least one and it is a great machine, good cut and power.
  8. J. Davis

J. Davis LawnSite Member

Spent $3500 in the spring on the 44 inch floating deck Toro with the 15 twin Kaw. engine. This unit included the jungle wheels and a mulch kit. I love this machine. This is the second Toro I have owned, the first was the 12.5 kaw. with the fixed deck.This machine works better/cuts all types of grass..etc...Hope this helps....Would spend the extra money on a hydro if I could ...:confused:
  9. linky

linky LawnSite Member

Musk, I paid $3447 for my 2001 44in. floating deck 15 kohler and velky. I feel that the floating deck is worth every penny. It is so easy to change blade height with the floating deck. Make sure that it has the updated brakes. I am very happy with the kohler but i think the kawi has more power. The down side of my mower is that takes up alot of room on my trailer and the rear tires skid alot. The tires skidding alot should be fixed with the updated brakes being installed tomarrow. I wish that i had gotten a hydro but for a belt drive it does very well rain or shine. You may be able to get a better price if you wait till next year. At first the t bar will feel funny but after a day or two you will say no more pistol grips for me. I hope this helps.
  10. MuskTurfKing

Thank you all for your help, I don't know what I'd do without lawnite. :D

Scottt, the Toro dealer I spoke with was H&H Mowers, it's about 8 blocks from my house, so that's a plus. I talked to Bloss, Smith, and Southside mowers, their prices were cheaper, but I think I'll stick with H&H, I like em. ;)

As for the engine, I still have no clue....:confused:

Anyone have Toro's stripe kit? I may think about purchasing that with it. If I do get this Toro, I'll definately get Toro's new velke, it's a little pricey, but it looks awesome.