1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro Production / Delivery Backlogged?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Skookum, May 7, 2001.

1. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone having problems getting new Toro mowers? I had a dealer tell me several weeks ago that Toro was having some sort of delivery problems due to production keeping up with the demand. I went to pickup a new 52" hydro WB Saturday that I ordered over the phone Tuesday. I got there and the unit was a 2000 power unit and deck. I was told, that was what the distribution wearhouse sent and they must not have any 2001 units in stock.

Another dealer told me he had no clue when he could get me one.

Anyone else been told this when looking to buy a Toro?
  2. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a 52" 15Kaw gear drive, and the dealer didn't mention anything about this.

I've been waiting for the new platform sulky from TORO and its not available from the dealer yet. I don't know if this is related or not.
  3. Lee Homan

Lee Homan LawnSite Member

Everybody going into the lawn care business I guess.
  4. linky

linky LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a 2001 wb. No problems getting that but i cant say the same for the grass catcher. The dealer said that they were being shipped out but that was three weeks ago. I hope i can get it soon. I'll ask my dealer if he knows whats up with the mowers.