toro proline 21 price $$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dlandscaping, Sep 6, 2001.

1. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i have a few toros and they are homeowners and are just not making it through the day. my self propelled one is from 86 and all the tires are bare and the cables have been replaced 3 times. the wheels keep fallin off no matter what and it has worn down where the bolts are making the cut off and it cant mulch or handle tall grass ps its only 3.5hsp! theres little engine life in it so i am adding a new 2 to the setup it will get used about 5-6 hours per week this season and about 20 next year so i am going with the 5.5 hsp suzuki toro with bbc and selfpropell. the honda dealer is 45 min away, ariens and snapper the same, my dealer is great and he used to have lawnboy but did away with them, exmark isa good drive away as well and the deere dealer sucks. the dealer said the machines are usually $999 but he said he would give it to me for 900 anytime is his a good price?

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Why would you be using a 21inch mower that much! A commercial mower can do just about it all! Get a cheap 21incher! I cant see spending almost a grand on a 21 inch mower!:eek:

3. casey

casey Guest

Why?
    That $900 Toro will pay for itself in 4 days.

4. Tony

Tony LawnSite Member

Yes it's a good price and a great mower. You'll see more Toro Commerical mowers out there than any other brand. Toro sells more of these Commerical mowers in this price range than the next two competitors combined. ( speaking of commerical 21" mowers ) That Suzuki has a steel sleeve cylinder and ball bearings on both sides of the crankshaft for longer life. Hope you enjoy that new mower. Tony P.S. Exmark is also selling the same mower built by Toro.

5. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

$999 is the price that is listed around here for that mower, and its $899 w/o the blade brake. If you can get it for $900 i would have to say thats a good price, see if you can get an extra bag thrown in tho, thats the only part that will wear out. Mine did and i hardly ever bag.

6. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like a good price. My dealer sells Toro Proline 21" for a little over a grand here, but gets it for me for around $900. I have a kawi engine on mine so I don't know how the suzuki compares.

I use 21s more than my 36 out here, so I understand the need for a good, commercial small-deck mower. Toro's the best of the lot, IMO.

-TGC

7. Dochere

Dochere LawnSite Member

8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

those aren't too bad prices for those giant wheel kees mowers, i see they followed honda to the 1 wheel approach too.