Toro Proline 32"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sweetz, Jun 29, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm thinking of purchasing one of these. Any opinions on them. It's on that has a round mowing deck, not a square or rectangular on. I can't even seem to find them on Toro's site, but it was new.

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Are you sure it's a "proline"????

3. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Toro 44 Proline with a stamped deck from 1994. It just keeps going and going and going.
    Its lighter than the new decks and I like it. The stripes are there but not like an Exmark WB.

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I have one along those lines... Single blade. Its a good machine. I like mine.

6. sweetz

Thanks guys! Is it a good machine though?? I mean with the single blade deck??

7. sweetz

Didn't read your post until after I posted mine. :rolleyes:

How is the cut on it? What is the price on a new one?

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

cut is execellent -better than my z mzaster

9. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I have heard they scalp easy so if you have hills you might want to try it out on hills before buying.

10. sweetz

Down here they're bumps, not hills! :drinkup: I don't know if I've ever seen a hill in Florida. :confused: But, there is only one back yard that I am really worried about, & I can just mow that yard with a 21". My bigger mower will fit through the gate, but it scalps. The yard is flat except where the homeowner buried pipes for his above ground pool. He just put the dirt back + the pipes back in the same hole & they were big pipes, so now that trench area is about 2" higher than the rest of the yard!

Thanks for the replies.