1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro Proline 44 question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jsun2254, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Jsun2254

Jsun2254 LawnSite Member

:dizzy: I just bought a toro proline 44 gear drive belt and I mowed my first lawn with and the belt that goes from the motor shaft up to the deck pulley came off three times and I had to go home and get the other mower. I did see a big scar in the belt after it came off the first time that could have caused some of the problem but not sure. The belt tension rods on the side of the deck were adjusted and tight tight. These rods are 1/2 in threaded rod with two nuts that lock into place after tension level is adjusted is this standard or are these rigged homeade threaded rod with spring ? All in all it was a real depressing first day in the lawn business. Any one else had this trouble?
  2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I would ***** out the dealer. He did not assemble it well
  3. Jsun2254

Jsun2254 LawnSite Member

its not new. I bought it used with 350 hours on it
  4. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats strange my 32" has the threaded rods with the bolts but my 44" doesn't,it has regular tension pulley. Sounds like your belt is just wore slap out if it has a gash in it 350hrs might be the original belts who knows.