toro proline 48" belt drive rear wheel removal

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jeffex, Mar 9, 2006.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I need to take off the rear wheel and get a new tire. what is the procedure? I have the exploded parts sheet but what all do I have to remove? I found 6 holes in the tire while I was preping them for spring start up. I had a slow leak last fall and plugged that one but these were barely noticable when I sprayed soapy water on them. Either I hit some broken glass or someone multiple stabbed my tire

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Well, a pic of the tire to be removed would be helpful as your information is a little vague. However, if it has lugs then just remove as usual...if no lugs we need a pic...

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Remove the drive idler pulley tension spring then remove the linkage rod from the brake band pivot arm. Remove the snap ring from the axle holding the wheel assembly in place, Pull the drive handle and lock in the stop or brake position that will lax the belt where it can be rolled off the pulleys while sliding the wheel off.
    It took me longer to type it than what it would take to do it. ;)

See Ya

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Never mind me...its that easy! lol...

5. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for all the replys!!! Once again Restorob your're the man!! I took one off 4yrs ago but I couldn't remember the procedure and knew this was the place to short cut to the easy way. Thanks again
    "It's Always Better To Ask Dumb Questions Than To Make Stupid Mistakes"

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

:weightlifter: :drinkup: