Toro Proline broke already??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Efields, May 12, 2004.

1. Efields

Efields LawnSite Member

I Bought a new toro proline 48" with a 14hp kawasaki engine and with less than 2-4 hrs it is smoking and spitting oil out of the exhaust!! I always followed the book on warm up and operating it. Has anyone had any problems similer to this? I am taking it to the dealer but you know how some dealers are after you buy something..... I hope they will be able to do something with it soon since I got rid of my other walkbehind and this is my only one.. Let me know. thanks Eric:confused:

2. Efields

Efields LawnSite Member

Today I took it out to put on the trailer and it ran fine. no smoke or anything. Used it on three lawns and on the fouth I started it up and it began to do the same??? Damm Mower!!!

3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't know Toro made a 4-mix also :jester:

Hopefully the dealer will step up for you. Wish you the best of luck with it.

Bobby, quit beating around the bush and just say what you mean :D

4. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Are you sure that you are not choking it. Try pulling back the throttle a little. Sometimes if the adjustment is not tight it will vibrate into the choke position

5. Efields

Efields LawnSite Member

No... I'm not choking it. The dealer said if it's black it's fuel. If it's blue... it's oil.... Mine is blue. You can watch oil specks come out onto the deck. I took it to the dealer and my new home is closer to another dealer. I had to show my receipt to them for the waranty and when they seen me and my buddy spent $37,000, it did not go over to well... I'm sure I'll have it back say.... november??;)

6. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Blue? I thought blue was fuel. Always thought oil was white.

7. Efields

Efields LawnSite Member

blue/white?? I was always bad in school with colors. It's definetly oil. I can smell it and see it.

8. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

If it is spitting out white smoke, there is too much oil. Try adjusting the carb.

I love my Bob-Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I hope the 37,000 was not just for the mower.
    John

10. FULTRTL

FULTRTL LawnSite Member
    from 70526

Nope Black is fuel to rich, light blue is oil and white is usually water in the cylider