Lawn Care Forum banner

Toro ProLine Chokes on PTO

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  davidcalhoun 
#1 ·
Hello

I have a 2006 T-Bar 44" Toro Proline with a 15 HP Kawasaki. This spring when I started it up it struggled on engaging the blades. I checked all the belts, changed the oil, filter, and gas. When cutting it struggles through grass when first engaged but after 3 or 4 minutes of running it runs strong. When I stop the blades for even a minute then re-engage it struggles again for a while. The sound of the engine is noticeably deeper than normal. The grass isn't shooting out clean for the most part. The engine struggles with blades engaged even when on pavement.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Check spindles assemblies with belt off to make sure they are not noisy and free. Check idlers to make sure they are turning freely and not offering resistance. Normally you should notice some noise from spindles or idlers that are starting to become rough.

If all of the above are free, I would suspect that you may be encountering a main jet blockage that may be affecting high speed performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.