1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro Proline Model 22043 With Honda Engine??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sweninge, Nov 6, 2006.

1. sweninge

sweninge LawnSite Member

I am new to this site so bear with me a little.

I picked up a Toro Proline with a Honda motor at an auction. The Toro is a model 22043 which from the serial number means it's a 2001 mode year. It has never seen a blade of grass! Never used or run from what I can tell! Seems it has never been out of the garage. the person who bought it died and the estate sat on it for all these years.

What my question is regarding the motor. I went to the Toro website to looked up the owners manual and parts manual based on the model and serial numbers and the 22043 model is listed with a Kawasaki motor, not a Honda. Am I missing something? Everything looks like it should and the motor looks like it came on the deck. All the cables and controls are working.

It does not have the blade break option but is self propelled. Anyone have an idea what it is worth and why Toro doesn't list it as a Honda option on there website?

Thanks for any help you can give.
  2. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think I have ever seen a toro with a honda. As far as I know hustler is the only brand useing them. Maybe the dealer put it on just for the guy buying it and it wasnt the origanal motor?
  3. barcode148

barcode148 LawnSite Member

toro does and has made the proline 21'' with a honda and right now it retails for somewhere around 1200. the model number 22043 goes with the old suzuki 2 cylce i believe not sure though. if it is the original motor id say you could sell it now for 800 if its never cut a blade of grass. maybe. hope this helps
  4. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

the 22043 came with the Suzuki in 2001
  5. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

To my knowledge Toro didn't put the Honda engine on the Proline till I think around 2004 -2005. I bought a new Toro Proline 21 in 2001 and the only options were the Suzuki or Kawasaki.
  6. sweninge

sweninge LawnSite Member

Just wanted to say thanks everyone for all the help! You all seem to really know your stuff. I don't know whether to sell it on ebay or not but come this spring I will have a hybrid built Toro Pro-line with a Honda for sale if anyone is interested.

Thank again!