Toro Pt21?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blueribbonlawns, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

2. Blueribbonlawns

Oh and the price is $810 but i get a discount so $770
    comes with bagger.

3. Blueribbonlawns

Bump Bump Bumpo!

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the personal pace is ill suited for commercial use in my view-spend the extra $ and get a proline 3speed

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Blueribbon - question of the day 'How much do you plan to use the PT21? If infrequent use, I would advise go ahead and buy it (if not the regular SR4 Super Recycler). I used my SR4 exclusively last season and loved it. IF infrequent use I would not waste your money on the proline for over $1200 - save yourself almost $500 and get the PT but do not pass off the SR4 PP machine either that will run you $500.

6. Blueribbonlawns

'Under 12 lawns a day not used on every one

7. Blueribbonlawns

Nobody else using them

8. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Only used the Proline, but it looks pretty darn good! How much does it weigh! Let us know if you like it!

9. By-The-Lake

By-The-Lake LawnSite Member

Hi Blueribbonlawns, I have used the PT21 and it is a dream to use. I really enjoyed the chance I had to use it. However if I recall correctly I think a few people on the forum mentioned that there were 2 issues with the machine - use the search function to varify this. They mentioned there was a issue with the wheels/axle and also a problem with the transmission/linkage for the mower. From what I have heard since that I believe they corrected the issue with the wheels/axle but I have not seen/heard any more regarding the transmission issue.

I haven't had a chance to use the Toro Heavy Duty Commercial mower but from what I have seen/heard it is an excellent machine. I just wish that it had the same cutting range as the PT21. It has a hight of cut adjustment of 3/4" - 3 1/4" which probably awesome for warm season grasses (and bentgrass) but it would be nice to have another inch at the top end of the range.

10. Blueribbonlawns

weighs 89 lbs