toro recycler

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Robert S, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Robert S

Robert S LawnSite Member
    from tx

is the toro personal pace recycler mower worth it. just starting off?
  2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Yes, for someone with no mowing accounts the Toro personal pace would be a good mower to start with especially since it's priced under $350. With heavy use your going to eventually wear out the pinion gear in the transmission box but their cheap and easy to replace.

Just remember that particular machine is a homeowner model but it would hold up pretty well to say 20-30 clients a week. It should be a good machine to get you started.
  3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Stay away from it!!!!! If you have no other choice for a mower or just like the personal pace drive system get the super recycler it costs more but its built alot better. The personal pace is for a homeower and thats it if you use it for commercial mowing you will regret it. Save your money and buy a Toro proline 21" mower and you will be much happier and it will save you alot more money than the personal pace in the long run.
  4. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I bought the super recycler personal pace and the cheaper recycler personal pace. I only have 24 lawns (small lawns) and they both need a complete overhaul this spring. I will get them fixed but only to use as back up.

The recycler mower was particularly bad. I kept kicking the grass catcher because the handles are too short. It also got bent and would constantly fall off , I had to grind big grooves to make the grass catcher stay on.

I really wish I had bought a commercial grade machine now.
  5. Robert S

Robert S LawnSite Member
    from tx

thanks for input. it will do untill i get established
  6. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

First thing I learned was you need two of them. If your mower goes down and you have no back up mower you're out of business.
  7. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

Sounds like your mind was already made up.

Hope it works out for you.
  8. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you tried looking at used commercial equipment on ebay or craigslist?
  9. skits

skits Banned
    from florida

i think there wonderful mowers my boss swears bye them he has a home owner one tough as a tank and mows a smooth path
  10. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Toro personal pace and a Proline but we really don't use them that much maybe like 3 times a week in area's that unaccessable by our larger equipment. Personally I like the personal pace one better then the proline, its lighter, and your not chasing it around like the proline. Bad things about it is that when you got tall thick grass it has problems cutting being under powered, and being a 4 stroke doesn't do well on a constant steep incline.