Toro S200

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by garyslawn, Nov 19, 2003.

1. garyslawn

garyslawn LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Snow blower runs better if I hold my finger on the air hole on the primer button. Have replaced the diaphram. any ideas why? Thanks.

2. SER

SER LawnSite Member

Toro S200 is a good dependable and durable machine. Try this. Remove the carbureator from the unit. remove the bottom plate, along with the diaphragm. remove the adjusting screws, either one or two screws. Soak the carb in cleaner, or spray it down completely.Blow compressed air through the carb, making sure you get at all the openings. Replace the diaphragm, and install it in the proper manner. Install the adjusting screw/s.
    Put the carb back on the unit. replace the primer bulb and primer line, making sure the line fits tightly on the carb. If the fuel line is hard, or spongy, replace it along with the clamps. This should
    help. Like I said, ToroS200 are some pretty good machins. They are not taken care of too well. Good Luck.
    Al/SER

3. atcomo

atcomo LawnSite Member

Read your posting that you were using the toro s200. Do you think you could tell me how to adjust the carburetor. My carb has two screws. Seems that when I start to throw snow it stalls. It starts OK and idles OK

I don't have any owners manual and really would appreciate any help you can give me\

Thank you
    Andy

4. SER

SER LawnSite Member

Andy;
    Sent you a PM. Read it and write me.
    SER

5. MowinYards

MowinYards LawnSite Member

I Also have a toro s200 pull start, i press the prime button 3 times pull, then it starts and runs for about 15-25 sec then quits, i belive it needs a carb adjustment but do not know how to adjust it.

I would appreciate any help you can give me with this

Thanks,
    MowinYards
    www.MowinYards.com

6. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

7. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

There are two styles of diaphragm carburetors on the S-200's--an F type and a non F-type. The F-type can be identified by an F enbossed on the body of the carb just above the closing plate. On the F type, when installing the diaphragm, the diaphragm is installed against the body of the carb, then the gasket followed by the closing plate. If there is no F designation, the gasket goes against the body of the carb, then the diaphragm followed by the closing plate. I always install a neede/seat assembly when replacing the diagphram and gasket.

If you have a two screw carb, the presets are one turn open from fully closed on both the idle and power screws. Hold the throttle shaft to idle position and adjust the idle screw(closest to engine) to best idle condition, then adjust the power screw so that best load running condition exists.

Once you get engine running, hold handle down to floor. If the engine smokes excessively when doing this, there is likely accumulated fuel mix in the lower end of the crankcase and it may take a number of times, holding the handle down, to clear the excess fuel.

Dutch