Toro, Scag, or Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joe65, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Joe65

Joe65 LawnSite Member
    from nj

Currently have a 60"Toro ZMaster, 48"Scag Rider, and 36"Scag Walk Behind........thinking of getting a 72" zturn.......all opinions will be considered........who makes the better machine

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I demoed Dixie and Toro 72 was not happy with the cut quality, deck was just too big so I just got another 60"

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

To big in my area stay with a size you can use on all your properties.

4. If you're going 72" you should also consider diesel power.
    For myself I'd only consider the Toro or Scag because they have the tapered roller bearing deck spindles.

5. tru turf

tru turf LawnSite Member

Exmark If You Want Quality

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Why not a 66" deck. More power to the deck and almost as productive as the 72" without the scalping and loading problems. Better resale because alot more LCO's can fit the 66" on thier trailer (just a guess) Toro and Scag are not having the deck problems that Exmark is having this year with the Trition.

7. Joe65

Joe65 LawnSite Member
    from nj

good point about the resale, will keep that in mind.......thanks

8. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

isn't this getting kind of juvenile.... chevy ford or Chrysler, toro skag or ......

they are all good mowers with positive and negatives.... test them out and see for yourself... that is the only good answer you will get...:)

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I would agree with you 100% if it wasn't for the massive amount of trouble with the Exmark Triton deck this year. Still love Exmark but they must get this problem fixed. Worst reviews on any deck I've ever seen in Northern grasses. Hope they get it worked out.