1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro SFS 44" OCDC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Poncho25, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I was getting sick and tired of trying to find a blocker for my mower, tried the vulcher, was to many adjustments that needed to be made, most others either didn't fit this deck or again to many modifications. I mean I don't mind modifying my deck but to justify paying 275 and up when I have to, to me is crazy. So myself and another old lawnsite member (chadslawn) built one for my Toro, now the plate is a bit to thin as it does move a bit so will get a thicker piece of metal on monday and fix this probably next weekend. here are some shots.

open position.jpg
  2. Poncho25

few more shots

control rod in place.jpg

finished closed.jpg

finished open.jpg

control bar weld.jpg
  3. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

looks good, how much did it cost to make. those are some kick butt velcro shoes and tall socks.
  4. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice fab job. That'll save some $$$. I've been wanting to one for my xr7 deck, but am a bit confused about the handle situation. If you've got any, could I please see a close-up picture of the handle? thanks.
  5. Poncho25

total cost was 60 bucks, the handle I used was from an Old walkbehind mower blade engage lever. I will take some closer pictures of the lever, but yeah that was our biggest hangup, was figuring that part out.