Toro SFS deck WITH mulch kit???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KingLawn, Aug 29, 2006.

1. KingLawn

KingLawn LawnSite Member

Hello all this is my first post :) I am in the market for a 36'' walkbehind and have my eyes on a toro with SFS deck...but most of the posts on this site have people saying that the SFS only works ok and some say it sucks. They all seem to be talking about using the side discharge though...I would be mulching with mine...anyone have any comments on how it works with the mulch kit??? Thanks for any input, I really appreciate any comments due to the fact that most dealers seem to push this or that with no substantial reason. Thanks again!:waving:

2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52" Classic. My mulch set up, Gator blades, I put 4 bolts in holes for

chute. Sometimes a few more in holes that are in air flow. this holds leaves under deck. Also use the discharge chute. Sometimes I cover to discharge
    with handy angle. Depends how fine thhe leaf mulch. Sometime once over
    is enough then I use my Walker GHS. Ed

3. Screamin100

Screamin100 LawnSite Member

From experience, I would say I hated the SFS. I purchased the mulch kit my second year and have been happy with the results. In the right conditions, it mulches great, and leaves the lawn looking clean. Make sure you put on high lift blades and keep them sharp too. I sharpen mine once a week, but many here change out their blades daily.

4. lordmaximus240

lordmaximus240 LawnSite Member

goto a quick 36. Better Outdoor Products. Good Quality mowers at FANTASTIC PRICE!!!!