Toro Snow blower trouble

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Shady Brook, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Anyone have any suggestions why a Toro CCR2000 would be low on power, and be spitting oily residue out the muffler? She was great til this year, now she runs, but will not chuck the snow near as far as the other 2 CCR2000's I own. I cleaned the carb, and it was pretty dirty in the bowl. Sprayed the carb out pretty good, cleaned up the plug, and she still has little power. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jay

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

New needle and seat solved that problem on mine.

3. mowsho

mowsho LawnSite Member

How about the old exhaust ports and muffler they always have a way of making a unit lack power.

Turn off the key and pull the rope, the exhaust should POP thru the muffler. Then go do the same test on one that has power.
    If they sound different clean the exhaust ports and or muffler.

Dan

4. MWHC

MWHC LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

After you work on the carb,

Have you replaced the paddles, scraper and made sure the belt tension is correct? We run 3 Toro CCR snow throwers and I have not seen one with exhaust port problems.

Just my .02

5. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Is the choke shutting off all the way? Or is the air flow restricted for some reason?

6. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Thanks for all the input fellas. Sorry to be pokey in responding, was battleing some snow for once. Yep, had my fill, bring on the grass!

The choke is defineately all the way in. I have yet to test if there is any exhaust restriction. I will check out the belt tension yet, but will do so. Paddles have a bit of life yet in them. The engine does not sound quite like her sisters, at least to me. I have some good stuff to go on.

Thanks again
    Jay

7. Shady Brook

from Indiana

One bit of news, I did a compression test on the blower, and it topped out at about 110 psi. First pull around 60-70, and by the forth pull it was near 100-105. This seems a bit low. My others were jumping to 90, and 110 on the first pull, and topping out at between 120, and 125. Anyone have any comments on these readings?

Thanks
    Jay