Toro spindle warranty question??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TXNSLighting, Feb 27, 2007.

1. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

So two different dealers have told me two different things. one said that my spindles are lifetime warranty, and the other said they only have a 2 year warranty. Does anyone know the right answer??

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

This is from the toro website about a Z560...others may differ slightly but I think the spindle warranty is the same on all the commercial mowers:

1 year Limited, 2 year Engine, Hydrostatic & Deck Shell and 3 year Spindle Assembly.**

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Idk but what I can tell you is that ever since I stopped servicing lots consisting mostly of dirt, my spindle bearings last considerably longer.

In my 2nd year, I must've replaced these things, it seemed they were going bad at the tune of 1 or more sets / year. Once I got tired of dealing with this (at $50 / set parts, I got good enough at it I could do a set in 90 minutes labor), I realized it was the dust that got to these things...

So I stopped servicing most of these dirt lots, and I haven't replaced a set since (which is going on the 4th year now), and they seem to be holding up.

4. NassauEquipment

NassauEquipment LawnSite Member

Toro's warranty is 2 years parts and labor on spindles that fail because of a defect. The third year is parts only.

Our experience has been spindles damaged from an impact,failure to grease on schedule or use of a grease that isn't a high pressure grease. It cakes up a thick black goo inside spindle and causes a bearing failure. We use Chevron Ultra HP and find it to be an excellent grease for high pressure applications.

This warranty is same for Toro LCE units that are ball bearing or Timken bearing.

Hope this helps.

5. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

thanks for all your help and clearing this up. ive only replaced one in the past 3 years, so thats pretty good id say. but my dealer said their almost 200 bucks a piece! so i was kinda hoping for that lifetime warranty...o well! thanks!

6. mowpart rep

mowpart rep Sponsor

It is 2 years parts and labor, 3 years parts only. On all Toro LCE spindles. Just to let you know. We sell that replacement spindle for $76.71 at www.mowpart.com I hope you will give us a try.
    82-674 SPINDLE ASSY TORO 100-3976 $76.71
    thanks
    Russell

7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

thats a much better deal, ill put the site in favorites so i dont forget it, and when i need a spindle. ill definately get it from ya. im glad they arent hard to change.

8. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

i saw your blades are pretty cheap too. they cost me 55 a set at my dealer...