Toro Striping Kit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCee, May 16, 2006.

1. JCee

JCee LawnSite Member
    from NY

Anyone used or seen this product? It comes from Toro and is like a rubber piece that mounts on the rear of the deck. I bought one earlier this year not realizing how much work it was to put on. Its still sitting at my house. Does anyone use this? Does it work? Worth the time to put on? Any draw backs?

2. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure as we ordered one with a new Z-593-D and it was on backorder (due any day). I'm interested to hear as well.

The mower is incredible and stripes decent without it so far. It's not possible for the roller not to enhance the effect!

-Russ

3. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

I have a 44" w/b that I ran without a stripe kit last year but due to the rake of the deck and the fact that I use Jungle Wheels... it still striped fairly decent anyway.

I bought the stripe kit you mention here on ebay for $25 this winter and put it on (yeah it's a hastle to install) and I can tell a difference. It's not a huge improvement, but it does lay them down a little better.

The easiest way to install that rubber flap is to take the PTO belt off, remove all the pins on the height adjustment on the deck and take the deck free from the mower. Then you can raise the deck up on blocks to mark and drill the holes for the mounting brackets.

One thing I dislike about this kit is it holds grass between the flap and the deck. It's not a big deal, I'm just anal about keeping things clean and it bugs me that I can't get all that grass out.:dizzy: