Toro Sulkey

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Redmowers, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

Has Anyone tried the split sulkey toro came out with last spring. It looks like a good idea over the one piece ones. Was thinking a bout getting one when the season starts. Any comments ??:)

2. BRIAN FOLEY

BRIAN FOLEY LawnSite Member
    from ERIE,PA

I just bought a toro 44 wb with the tru trak sulky and it is great both foot platforms move seperately and work great on hills etc... buy it you wont be disapointed, I paid $ 379.00 for mine , Brian

3. Redmowers

How does it mount ?I dont have a TORO

4. samk

samk LawnSite Member

it is only made for the toro so you would have to rig up something to make it fit.

5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to get one. It looks like it will put a little weight on the rear tires of the Toro (which they need).

Either side may be lifted up when turning if needed to clear obstacles.:cool:

It also puts less stress on a gear drive - as opposed to a single wheel Velke..

6. Redmowers

I was quoted a price of $479.00 this seems pricey ,but is well made real heavyduty.I like it may be hinged up when not needed.Brian Foley where did you get yours?$379.00 is better than $479.00 any where!:blob3:

7. BRIAN FOLEY

from ERIE,PA

Purchased mine with my new toro 44 wb. The prices here in ERIE PA are around 400 so i only saved 30 or so dollars, let me know if you need some # of my local dealers for prices, good luck, Brian:blob2:

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

FWIW,
    I've gone through a bunch of velkies, and I've very happy with the "Bullrider" twin castor wheeled model. It's built like a tank, and cost is $325/-. Also, the Bullrider let's you run fixed mode, which is zero turn castor style, or trailing mode, standard velky style. It take about 30 seconds to remove a pin and flip a special space to change between mods. At the moment I think it's the only product that can do this.
    As far as the toro, from the picture it "is" fairly wide and this will cause a major problem while turning, by having to aviod the outside part of the velky not bumping things. Also, as a 10 year user of velkies, I like to move my feet around a bit, and first, the toro doesn't let you do that with it's fixed area for each foot, and I really wouldn't like to "always" have my feet as "far apart all the time", as toro forces you into. BTW, I have nothing do with bullrider :D , but rather want to save you guy's all the time and effort I've been through. Hope this helps.
    Pete
    For Pete's Sake

9. samk

samk LawnSite Member

switchless you are assuming alot from a picture the tru trackis on casters. they pivot with the mower so they are always behind the mower. when the mower turns you turn there is no worry about hitting anything.and as far as the feet position they are very big you can move your feet. i find the tru trak to be awesome

10. BRIAN FOLEY

from ERIE,PA

I agree it is the best. Brian